- Designed for babies who are unable to create a vacuum due to certain syndromes and neurological disorders
- Supports oral feeding in babies
- Provides help when babies cannot create a vacuum
- Sensitive even to very week feeding effort
- Ensures a variable and controllable milk flow rate to suit the baby’s abilities and efforts
Founded in 1961 in zug, switzerland by olle larsson, medela continues to grow under the ownership of the larsson family today, concentrating on two business units: "human milk," providing research-based breast milk feeding solutions, and "healthcare," engineering and manufacturing medical vacuum technology solutions. Medela is headquartered in switzerland and has 18 subsidiaries, distributing its products to more than 100 countries throughout the world. Medela's us-based manufacturing and development facility is headquartered in mchenry, illinois with an additional facility in elgin, illinois. Every year, more than one million mothers in the u.S. Rely on medela's technology. For more than 30 years, medela has focused on providing the best in research-based breast milk feeding products and clinical education to support moms' breast milk feeding journey.
The specialneeds feeder is designed for babies with facial or oral problems that hamper their ability to maintain adequate suction for feeding. The specially designed valve and silicone feeder adjust milk flow to suit baby's needs.